YCN Brief – Energy Saving Trust (2019)
My fourth University brief entailed the launch of the live YCN brief. I choose Energy Saving trust, the brief was aimed at young adults to try and convince them to turn their technology off at the switch. I came up with the campaign of “Unplug & Save” and used different electronics to give the impression that they are eating money due to not being turned off at the plug. By idea has three different characters: Sally, Kevin and Connor. The campaign is aimed at both men and female and the characters feature an ideology of being the young adults themselves. Really happy with the development of this project and the final outcome.
Bespoke Christmas Animation created for APC Pure (2019)
Inspired by last years animation I created for APC Pure, I designed a new version introducing flossing elves, a waving Santa Clause and the reindeer driving the sleigh. The sales manager was really happy with the finished piece. This animation has been used on social media platforms, sent out to customers through Mailchimp and has been live on the website front.
For my third University brief, our theme was to create a logo and brand organic matter. Our main goal was to produce an idea or a nearly finished idea for a logo and then explore other mediums to expand this into branding. I had two ideas: milk or human cells. I decided to go with the idea of human cells and narrow this down further due to the knowledge from working amongst a chemical company. I researched into the different diseases a human can have and treatment and found this linking back to the different life science sectors: Haematology, Histology, Cytology and Microbiology. I decided to investigate further and find one thing in all this to focus my approach. At the time of this project, I kept seeing news and petitions to lower the age for smear tests, I wondered how I could apply this to my current research and found this is, in fact, a part of the Cytology sector (PAP stain). Also relevant at this time was the screentime on the new Apple update where the phone records and feedbacks to the viewer the average time you spend on your phone. I had the idea of combining the two together. I have worked with the marbling effect using Nail Varnish and Paint to create beautiful imagery which could be used for my approach. For my final outcome, I wanted to create some type of print design that could be situated in a doctors waiting room. I took into consideration that if this was to be funded by the NHS, this would be a mass production brochure therefor would need to be cost-effective, I choose a 170gsm silk paper with full colour.
My first project of Year 2 for my course was the brief “The Poster”. We was given a row and a bay where we would select a book from the library, I choose the book Pop Art and came across a retro image of Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck. Inspired by this picture, I used the colour, composition and narrative to create an abstract Op Art illusion poster. The requirements for this brief meant that the image had to be present in some way and five words we selected from the book. I choose: Simplification, Pop, Patterns, Abstract and Expressionists. I also took inspiration from Josef Müller-Brockmann grid systems where in the later developments in my posters, I tried his theory of grids and text together. I worked with a range of developments of composition and type to achieve my final poster.
To see abstract developments – click here.